Ableton Live – Multi Channel Playback for Live Bands!
Enhance Your Show
I’ve been on a mission for several years now to find a way of integrating the production values that only large scale concerts were able to have but on a more modest scale. In the process I was sure that there was a more flexible and musical way backing tracks or playback could be utilised with live musicians. This led me on to a years worth of development using Ableton Live.
There have been many benefits, here are the main ones:
- Sound as full and polished as a major artist.
- Perform songs live which are normally unplayable because of studio production.
- ‘Open up’ sections in songs so live musicians can interact and play to their best.
- Instill discipline by working to a click track.
- Rectify mistakes on the fly.
- Help your musicians feel they are working in an organic environment not constricted by technology.
Here are a few of the main features that this system uses to achieve the objectives above:
- Flexible Tempos
- Quick Keys Changes
- Cycle / Loop Points For Solos/Vamps
- Marker Points For Quick Access To The Songs Structure.
- Multi-Channel Outputs – So The Sound Engineer Can Musically Mix
Please visit my YouTube Channel to watch some films I have made discussing these concepts in depth.
If you would like help with Ableton please say hello me via my contact page.