- Want to discover more about electric guitar or bass guitar lessons?
- Are you looking for expert tuition from a bass guitar and double bass teacher with over 15 years experience?
- Would you like learn with the guidance of a successful professional musician, who has performed at Wembley Arena, Abbey Road Studios & Top West End Shows?
- Do you want to study the music you enjoy in a dynamic, inspiring and fun environment and be able to perform it with confidence?
If you are looking for a different type music tuition which is 100% focused around your aims I can help you. My sole objective is to get you playing the music which inspires you and give you the skills to perform it to the best of your ability. It doesn’t matter if wish to ‘rock out’ at Glastonbury, the local pub or your bedroom… it all counts.
I can help you if you:
- Are an aspiring professional looking to take your playing to the next level
- Already play another instrument and wish to discover the bass guitar and double bass
- Are picking up music again after a long break.
- Are completely new to music.
People come to study music for so many different reasons and that what’s exciting. Maybe you’ve just retired and dusted off that bass in the loft, from your university days? Perhaps, you’ve never touched an instrument before, have a stressful day job in London and wish to unwind by trying something completely different? It could be you already gig on the weekend and really want to feel like your 100% in control…
Watch My Teaching Showreel
What styles of music can I learn?
Pretty much anything is the answer… but are a few of the styles students regularly study:
What techniques can I expect to cover?
- Finger Style
- Slap bass
- Playing songs
- Jamming over chord sequences with riffs & grooves
- Music Notation & Theory
- Improvisation & Soloing
- Discovering new music and influential bass players & musicians
- How to practise
Studying the bass can be rewarding on it’s own but playing with other people is where the magic really starts.
Here are just a few of skills and concepts you can discover:
- How to work with a drummer and achieve a musical result.
- How to write a setlist to give your audience a great gig.
- What equipment you need to get an enjoyable and fulfilling live sound.
- How to memorise songs and feel confident that you’re going to perform to the best of your ability.