Bass & Beyond…
Education and sharing knowledge has always been an important part of my career. I believe I am angled in a unique position within the music and the business world. As I result I can offer you coaching on many different subjects which more often than not overlap. The vast majority of the information I teach you can apply to any instrument, not just the bass.
I can coach you if:
- You are looking to enter the music business as professional instrumentalist or vocalist.
- You have an act / ensemble or band you require help marketing or developing.
- You wish to develop the technical or creative sides of your show or act. [Please see my Ableton Livepage]
Many of the skills I teach work across many fields. Whist my specialist knowledge is the music and event industry, you will find many of the business skills I teach can be applied perfectly to other disciplines. More often than not I will get you to analyse another industry and work out how a technique can be applied to your own scenario.
Are you applying to music college or just about to leave music education?
Spending anything up to 4 years plus studying at a music institution is a huge investment. It’s important you get the most from it. Playing your instrument is a huge part of this but not the complete picture. I can help you fill in the gaps. The vast majority of musician have a ‘portfolio career’ these days and working out how you best establish this takes time. Here are some of the areas I often help with:
- Analysing your niche.
- Which areas of the music business will give you the most sustainable career.
- The practical skills and strategies you need to gain employability in different environments.
- General musicianship and listening
I prefer to think of the work I do in education as ‘coaching’ rather than ‘teaching’. For me coaching is where I listen carefully to your needs and devise a short course of study which best fits your aims. The vast majority of the time this will just consist of me asking you questions to analyse where you need to go. Over time you will then deduce the answers which best fit your objectives. This process is very personalised and as I result I only take students who I feel i’m completely sure I can help.
Tutorials either take place at my home office in Hertfordshire, near London or via Skype.
If you are interested in studying with me please drop me a line on my contact page.